I. To adhere to the Bylaws, House and Ground Rules, Waterfront Facility Rules, and any other standing rules or policies of the Club.
II. Committee Assignment Responsibilities: One of the requirements of being a member of the Danville Boat Club is to serve on at least
one committee each year. All members with the exception of Nonresident members will be asked to serve on a committee.
However, any member with fifteen or more years of membership has the option of not serving on a committee.
It is the responsibility of the Commodore to make and disclose these committee assignments to the membership early in the new year.
It then becomes the responsibility of each member to check these assignments and dates to determine if some scheduling conflict prevents said member from fulfilling his or her duty with that particular assignment.
If a conflict exists, it is the responsibility of said member to contact the Commodore and request a change to another event or committee role so an alternate assignment can be fulfilled.
III. It is a responsibility of membership to limit the number of times a particular guest or set of guests are invited to the Club to attend regular weekly events, parties and or use of the Club's facilities. Common sense applies here. In the event a particular guest or set of guests attend more than several times, action in the form of either proposed membership or a request of no further attendance by the guest(s) in question for the balance of the year will be taken by the Board of Directors.
A single member shall be allowed to escort a "significant other" as often as he or she chooses
Thank you for considering membership in the Danville Boat Club.
As a prospective new member, we would like you to take a few minutes and carefully read the following information so you are aware of the responsibilities placed on you as a member.
1. Please remember to have your application signed by your sponsor (proposer) and two seconders. A fee of $100.00 must accompany your application. Your application and $100.00 fee must be sent to the Membership Director or given to the Club Manager.
2. Your application will be reviewed at the next scheduled meeting of the Board of Directors. If your application is accepted, you will be placed at the bottom of the 2nd waiting list as a prospective member.
3. The 1st waiting list will be limited to 10 pre-approved applicants. These people will be moved into regular membership upon the first available opening. To move to the 1st waiting list, the Board takes into consideration your attendance and participation at club events.
4. When your name is placed on the 2nd waiting list, you are invited and expected to use the club as guest of the commodore. You will also be assigned to a party committee and expected to participate in the planning and preparation of that party.
5. Married members are required to pay $425.00 dues and Single members are required to pay $250.00 on or before October 1 of each year.. Prospective members on the 1st and 2nd waiting lists are required to pay $150.00 maintenance dues to be paid October 1 of each year.
6. Remember-PARTICIPATION EQUALS MEMBERSHIP!