The Danville Boat Club was organized in 1937 as a social club. The original building was leased from the Robbins family who owned most of the Walnut Hill area.
The first Commodore was Gale Pate. The Club originally had 10 boat slips but in 1991 the lake was raised 5 feet, which allowed additional slips to be installed.
The 1900's saw continued improvement of the shoreline and buildings. Under thoughtful Board guidance, the Club has maintained a stable and growing membership. Today, the Danville Boat Club is comprised of over 400 members.